• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Using storage spaces like raid 0 + mirroring?

Joined
Dec 25, 2013
Messages
3
Hi, I have a few drives I'd like to use but I'd get more space out of them if (this assumes its possible) I could set the two smaller drives up like raid zero, then have the "raid 0 drive" mirror a larger drive rather than putting them all in a pool. Thing is, I am not sure that is possible? Thoughts (on how to do it).

Thanks!
 
You can use Storage Spaces to have a "simple" storage space, spreading the information across multiple drives. From there, I'd recommend running a backup utility (crashplan locally, Windows Backup, you name it) to backup the information to a separate volume.
 
Back
Top