• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Using SPDIF, but Stereo Mix doesn't work?

JL6speed

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
340
I'm not really sure what is up with my setup but I use a Z5500 and I connected it into my comp via SPDIF. However, I wish to record music via Stereo Mix (w/e my comp is playing on youtube for example), but it doesn't pick up anything. I've set my recording device to Stereo Mix as default, but nothin shows up when sound is playing.

Am I supposed to do something more?
 
When you use S/PDIF you bypass the DAC and amplifier in the card.

Stereo Mix wont pick up any audio when you have S/PDIF selected as the output. You will have to tell your browser to use the analog output and the the Stereo Mix will start to pick up.

If you just want music from YouTube you will get superior quality if you just download the YouTube video and extract the audio track directly.
 
Thanks for your reply :) I was confused at first why it didn't work since I set the stereo mix to pick up the sound from the Realtek Digital Input and nothing shows up. But I guess it makes sense now.

However, could another solution be if I tell my comp to output sound from both analog speakers AND S/PDIF at the same time? That way I have my Stereo Mix picking up from the analog speaker (which worked in the past for me)?
 
I'd have to agree with SirMaster here, why not just rip the youtube video?
 
I can download the youtube vids no prob, but what do I use to extract the audio? I've never extracted audio from a video file before ;\
 
I just search youtube to mp3 on Google/Bing and then use whichever free conversion service comes up first.
 
Back
Top