• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Using optical SPDIF and 3.5mm at same time?

BradF1979

Limp Gawd
2FA
Joined
Nov 27, 2009
Messages
183
Is it possible? I'm running W7 and I always have to set one as default to get Windows to output to it... It will put one as a communications device, but really, I want to have some applications (like VLC) output to SPDIF to my receiver which is showing the video on my TV. And I want the 3.5mm to output from Windows and everything else to my PC speakers... I can not figure it out...
 
Hmm, I think you can... One of the video streams I'm watching not is a browser plugin though... don't think there is a way to set the sound device in a browser...
 
I wonder if there is some program that will allow you to select an audio device for any particular program running...
 
yeah, theres an edit button bro

that aside, its one audio device with digital and analog outputs, the S/PDIF output is very likely tied to the same I2S lines that feed the analog stages, VLC can be configured to "prefer" S/PDIF for DTS/AC-3 passthrough type applications, but it isn't an independent device in this configuration

to accomplish what you want, you'd need two separate audio devices, and then your "program that will allow you to select an audio device" is called your operating system and its audio subsystem, you'll then have to hand-tailor which applications use which device, and there will probably be some spooky nonsense with certain applications, although Windows 7 is generally more forgiving/flexible in this regard
 
Back
Top