using nLite to install XP w/o a floppy disk

Micahru

n00b
Ok, first off, i hope this is the right part of the forum for this question....

Ok so, I bought a new computer for my family.. but i didnt buy a floppy drive, not thinking about the fact that i need it for installing XP onto a sata hard drive.

So i went to google, searched about it.. and found i could use nLite to integrate the sata drivers into the xp installation... i found a couple guides... and followed three of them, but came to the same results with each! when i start up the computer, it starts the installation of windows, it shows on the bottom white bar that its loading all the files.. and then bam. i get the message "The file ahcix64.sys is corrupted."

ive followed the guides step by step... but am unable to get it.. any ideas?

my motherboard is a

GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard

and the hard drive is

Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

im trying to install Windows XP 32 bit

When burning the cd, i did use nLite to burn it... even though the guide said to use Nero, but i didnt think that would matter. Maybe it would, ill try that as well

but i didnt buy a floppy drive, not thinking about the fact that i need it for installing XP onto a sata hard drive.
That's because that is not a fact. You can run your sata drives in ide compatibility. You only needed drivers for sata back when they were a separate add-on controller when they were new, and hell, even then I'm not sure if you couldn't run them in IDE mode to install. That was a while ago though.

Would running it in IDE compatibility lower how well it operates? or the speed at which it operates?

Would running it in IDE compatibility lower how well it operates? or the speed at which it operates?
In short, no. When you are finished with your windows installation you can go back to your bios and set your drives back to SATA if you wish.

Back