Using my RX100 and noticed my LEDs flicker....bad for my dogs?

SomeGuy133

2[H]4U
I just got my RX100 IV and was taking videos with my HFR video feature and I notice on 240 FPS there is a flicker with a certain set of my LEDs.

Haven't downloaded the videos to look closer yet but I know dogs hz in their vision is much higher than humans so i am wondering if i should toss those LEDs that have a very noticeable flicker at 240 FPS. When i download the video i am going to see if its noticeable at 120 FPS because if it is I have a sneaking suspicion that if my camera sees it at 120 FPS than my dogs see it too.

Also I know PWM monitors can cause some people problems and those have a very high hz so would it be good if i just got rid of them too for my sake and my dogs? It is only 3 cree bulbs and they are LEDs that look like incandescent bulbs.

I have Osram and Cree LEDs in various wattages for my whole house and I can see flicker in everything at 240Hz.

I have a 120Hz TV and that thing flickers like crazy wen recorded at 240Hz.

I've never heard that an animal could be affected by this :eek:

Put a LED bulb by the food bowl and see if they avoid it. If so, then they can notice.

yea i don't know if they can see 120 hz or not. 240hz i doubt it. I know their fusion threshold is from 70-90hz depending on literature. So i wonder even if they can't per se see it; can it still cause eye strain in dogs or even humans? We always talk about how PWM monitors are bad for you so i wonder if these lights can cause a small amount of an issue.

LED Monitors can cause headaches due to flicker - FlatpanelsHD

Back