Using multiple displays at the same time.

CopyCat

Supreme [H]ardness
Hello All,

I had a question. I have 2 monitors a 2405 and a 3007WFP from Dell and I wanted to use them both at the same time while gaming.

Like have the game on the 3007WFP and surf the web on the other screen while the game stays up on the main screen. Right now I can have them both open but when i click on the webpage from the game it closes my game:(
Anyway around this??

Also what is the trick to using 2 backgrounds?
I am running Vista Premium

I used two monitors breifly.. had the same problem.. I was told there wasn't a way to stop that... basically when a full screen program loses focus it automaticaly minimizes.

Only other way would be to play it in a window.

Only way to use 2 screens like you want is if the game can run in windowed mode.

Different backdrops can be used using a program called UltraMon.

Yup, get UltraMon. It'll really help out with using multiple screens.

I'm sure there's some free programs around that do similar things as UltraMon, but overall UltraMon is probably the best

IMO easiest way is to get a uber cheap rig. The 2407 should have 2 inputs. Have the DVI hooked onto your main and the VGA hooked onto the cheapo. When you game switch inputs and just browse the net on the other computer. I am pretty sure thats the only way. Had multiple LCDs since I was a kid (free Bloomberg trade station ftw :p) and it has always been like that for full screened games.

When you click on the webpage on your other monitor, you are effectively alt+tabbing out of your game, which is why it minimizes. One way to get around this is to run the game in windowed mode. Many games allow you to play in a maximized window (offhand I know WoW does, but CSS does not), which works beautifully. I'll also throw in another vote for UltraMon, which is an excellent utility for multi-monitor setups, although it won't do anything for your gaming issue.

thanks for the advice guys.

I play CSS a lot so playing in a window is an option but not a full window. I am also looking into UltraMon. Thanks for the help.

Back