? using HFM.NET to monitor multiple windows boxes?

I'm not following what you mean. Are you adding v7 or v6 clients? Is something defaulting to 127.0.0.1 in HFM? (I don't remember that happening.)

That's the address of the loopback, which is a virtual network that allows a computer to see its own data without actually sending anything out. On each computer, open Command Prompt and enter ipconfig to get the external IP address that HFM will need to access.

V7

Zagen30, thank you, machine in question returns an ip of 192.168.0.182 but when I enter this into HFM it still does not see it

turn off windows firewall, or allow folding client somehow, i don't know how, i switched my windows machines over to ubuntu, but when i still had windows, i turned off the firewall.

may not be the best way to do it, but that's how i got it to work.

Did you set up the machine at 192.168.0.182 for remote monitoring?

how am I ever going to hold you off with you always spying on me like this ;)

Musky, you mean in the remote access tab? I need to allow the ip where HFM is running?

Did you set up the machine at 192.168.0.182 for remote monitoring?
^^ +1

A V7 client on that machine needs to be told to allow LAN connections (e.g. from HFM), have you made that adjustment?

once you get it set up for monitoring, make sure to NOT use the settings to make a webpage output. and make sure to NOT have said website be accessible from work (like i did, i have it going to my dropbox and check it every 30 minutes now)

Musky, you mean in the remote access tab? I need to allow the ip where HFM is running?

Yes, and you still need to allow the local machine (127.0.0.1). So your Allow line (either the pw-protected one or the non pw-protected one should be something like:

127.0.0.1,192.168.0.1-192.168.0.255

Stop and restart the client(s) on the remote machine, then you should be set.

odd though, HFM shows it as a uniprocessor client "slot 1" but it is loading all cores and pumping 16Kppd

I've set this up on multiple machines. My process is as follows.

On the client (machine to be monitored):
1. open FAHControl and go to the configure dialog.
2. add a password in the password section at the bottom
3. restart the machine and start folding again

Then, on the monitoring machine:
add the client using the ip and password that you set.

I always find that it doesn't work right without a system restart on the client machine. Always connects first try after the reboot

odd though, HFM shows it as a uniprocessor client "slot 1" but it is loading all cores and pumping 16Kppd

I believe it has to do with the change in slot type naming in 7.3.6. Before that, SMP and uniprocessor were separate slot types, which HFM would detect. PG merged that into a single slot type "CPU" in 7.3.6. HFM hasn't been updated since that change, and it reads the CPU slot as uniprocessor.

Back