Using eclipse with multiple languges

MTXR

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been having some trouble understanding how to use eclipse with multiple languages...

I downloaded the classic eclipse but it seems like i need to download a different version of eclipse for every language i want to work with.

Can i use only 1 downloaded version and switch within eclipse somehow?

yes, you just need the proper plugins.
Are you using eclipse galileo ? (3.5)
I use eclipse classic + installed PyDev for python. Which languages are you interested in?

under eclipse 3.5 for windows, you can browse the eclipse hosted plugins by going to the help menu->install new software, then in the dropdown select galileo, the you should get a tree of available software. You can expand programming languages and see that c++, ruby (under dynamic languages), and php, as well as several others.

For python, you need to grab the python addon site address from the pydev website, then add it to the install new software tool in eclipse.

Then after its all installed and restarted, windows -> open perspective -> other and you should find the new language perspective there.

Ok, instead of starting a new thread, i am going to add to this one....

I was able to install eclipse classic + PHP PDT + javascript + Web Tools Platform...

The problem i have now is.... i can't add apache tomcat to eclipse....does anyone know how to fix this??

i don't even get a list of servers that i can add, i;ve tried many times and i can't add server runtime enviroments either... here is a screen shot of my eclipse IDE when i try to add a server....

sorry in advance for the large screen shots, i don't have anything but paint...

oj2zk0.jpg

o0xxeh.jpg

well, in the install new software list, under web,xml java ee. I would add JST Server adapters + WST Server adapters. Along with the JST Server UI + JST Web UI. One of those gave me the tomcat options in the add servers dialog.

Back