So, I'm now using Exact Audio for CD ripping purposes w/ LAME doing the hardwork for .mp3 conversion.
I've noticed that after a CD is finished converting, it gives me something that looks like this:
Peak level 97.0 %
Track quality 100.0 %
I get the Track quality...speaks for itself. But, what exactly is the "Peak level?" And, if the track quality is anything less than 100%, is that to say that somehow my pristine CD is flawed somehow and, as a result, the ripped version w/ be noticeably flawed?
I've noticed that after a CD is finished converting, it gives me something that looks like this:
Peak level 97.0 %
Track quality 100.0 %
I get the Track quality...speaks for itself. But, what exactly is the "Peak level?" And, if the track quality is anything less than 100%, is that to say that somehow my pristine CD is flawed somehow and, as a result, the ripped version w/ be noticeably flawed?