Using DP and HDMI cause issues?

Evil Scooter

Supreme [H]ardness
Been window shopping video cards from both AMD and NV. One thing I've noticed on many of the AMD offerings is they only have 2 DP ports and usually 1 HDMI. I'm running 3 OMEN monitors in surround... would I have any issues running 2 on DP and 1 on HDMI?

The only thing is DP is 165Hz and HDMI is 144Hz max .. so 144Hz would be your max I would think ...

I have a RX 570 8Gb that I am using DP 3 to run my display at 1080p 165Hz .. this video card has 3 DP and 1 HDMI .. so it should run all 3 of your displays via DP I would think .. So there are AMD cards that exist with 3 Display Ports and 1 HDMI .

The only thing is DP is 165Hz and HDMI is 144Hz max .. so 144Hz would be your max I would think ...

I have a RX 570 8Gb that I am using DP 3 to run my display at 1080p 165Hz .. this video card has 3 DP and 1 HDMI .. so it should run all 3 of your displays via DP I would think .. So there are AMD cards that exist with 3 Display Ports and 1 HDMI .

Thanks 4 reply, there are AMD cards with 3 DP's... but availability is making those very scarce. I'm seeing the regular ones with 2 DP and 1 HDMI pop up on local CL.

Unless you are pushing the limits of resolution or refresh rate,
There is no problem using both. I do it all the time

^^ Nope.. 60hz monitors. I'm thinking I'd be ok just using a HDMI to DP adapter so all 3 monitors are still using the DP port.

I would think if you use an active dport to hdmi 2.0 adapter you should be fine, but I have run into weird issues with HP monitors at 1440p and running that correctly at 60p with generic adapters.

Check out Club 3D on Amazon .. I have one of there units that allows 4K 60Hz on the R9 - 290x

^^ You would "think" with an active adapter it'd be no issue... but I've run into it before.. especially when using a KVM to boot.

crazycrave.. but I'm looking at the upgrade market and pickin's is thin to be kind. Many of the stock AMD cards have 2 DP and 1HDMI only.

Back