Using Different Monitors At The Same Time

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm thinking of purchasing a Samsung 28" 4k monitor and I have two HP LP2465 16:10 1920x1200 monitors. Will I be able to use all three together without any issues?

I'm mainly going to use the Samsung but want to use the other two to have things such as SpeedFan, Coretemp, AMD GPU software, WMP and internet open.

Depends on your setup. What kind of graphics card do you have? Can my graphics card support 3 monitors? Do you need more cables? If so, what kind are they? Answering those questions will help.

I'm undecided on the GPU, but most likely will get the Sapphire 11304-03-20G Pulse AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT PCIe 4.0 Gaming Graphics Card with 16GB GDDR6.

I've had multi monitors for 10 years or more never an issues. I've done it with AMD and Nvidia. The only time I had issues was when I was trying to game on all three monitors at the same time. The setup is extending the monitors one to another all which need to be the same resolution and then enbling surround in the nvidia control panel. It wasn't that my GPUs (SLI at the time) couldn't handle it in game it was software related and Windows bugs getting in and out of games and going back to windows again not to mention games supporting the resolution.

I prefer to set up a primary with a secondary and that can be as many secondaries as you have ports on you GPU and long as your GPU supports it. Most do but some are limited to how many. When setting up this way you will have no issues running anything. For example on my everyday PC I have a big screen above both monitors the two below are 1440p and the big screen above is 4k. Both AMD and Nvidia makes it easy to set it up you choose your primary display and the others are secondary then all you have to do is set their location right left or above or below it's really very easy. The software even detects what the monitors is by mfg etc. every now and then it doesn't pick up the mfg of certain monitors but it always get the native resolution right and if for some reason it doesn't all you have to do is change it and save your work. This wasn't always the case but AMD and NVIDIA have gotten this right over the years and it really is plug and play now. If I had a preference it would be Nvidia in terms of ease of use but by no large margin it just a little harder to find with Catalyst.

In any case go for it and enjoy improved multi tasking and productivity. I like it when gaming I can monitor every aspect of my PCs vitals on one monitor and have a browser open on the other or what ever say Teamspeak...

Back