Using different color profile in firefox...

sblantipodi

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
3,805
Hi,
is it possible to use two different color profile in one time?

I will try to explain me better.

I use an AdobeRGB profile as default profile for windows.
Firefox let me choose a color profile to use, since firefox is a browser for the web I would like to feed him with a sRGB profile.

Is this possible? Is this ok?
 
Normally Firefox uses the profile specified in that addon, or if you don't specify anything, the system default (which would be sRGB). So no problem.
 
Firefox let me choose a color profile to use, since firefox is a browser for the web I would like to feed him with a sRGB profile.
Why do you want to use the sRGB working color space profile? The transformations can only be correct if the actual display profile is used.

Best regards

Denis
 
Why do you want to use the sRGB working color space profile? The transformations can only be correct if the actual display profile is used.

Best regards

Denis

Hi Denis,
probably I not explained me correctly.

I'm using the sRGB profile created with iColor Display for my monitor and not the standard sRGB profile (6500K, sRGB gamma).

I have two profile created with my DTP94 and iColor.
A 6500K/2.2gamma and a 6500K/sRGB gamma

I would like to use the first profile when I'm working with AdobeRGB and the second one when working with sRGB.

Since the web is supposed to be sRGB I'm asking if I can use the second profile without problem also if my default one is the one with 2.2 gamma.
 
so is it better to use a profile with sRGB gamma or a profile with 2.2 gamma?
both profiles is created from DTP94+iColor for my display.
 
Back
Top