• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Using Clonezilla with Raid 1 to Single drive?

Joined
Jun 6, 2010
Messages
48
Hi guys. Does anyone know if it's possible to use Clonezilla on a WinXP machine installed on a Raid 1 setup and transfer it to a single drive solution? The current Raid 1 setup is 2x 80gb WD drives and I want to switch it over to a 500GB WD single drive. I'll try and get the Raid controller information (it's on the mobo) and all that when I get more information from my friend.
 
Hi guys. Does anyone know if it's possible to use Clonezilla on a WinXP machine installed on a Raid 1 setup and transfer it to a single drive solution? The current Raid 1 setup is 2x 80gb WD drives and I want to switch it over to a 500GB WD single drive. I'll try and get the Raid controller information (it's on the mobo) and all that when I get more information from my friend.

In theory that should go without issue but that depends on if the Clonezilla LiveCD supports the RAID "controller" or not. (if it's on motherboard it's likely just softraid in disguise)
 
There are two versions of clonezilla. You want the one based off of Ubuntu. That version includes the drivers for raid controllers, etc.
 
I found out we are using the built in RAID on a asus p5vd1-x with the VIA VT8237R chipset. Is the Ubuntu based version a GUI version or similar to the LiveCD version?
 
Back
Top