Using ATI + NV at the same time

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
16,315
How is this done now? I have Vista 64, I've installed both drivers, but now it disables the NV card automatically 0.0?

ATI 5850 and GTX 285(going to try physx with this dedicated for now, at least till it's sold)

any input would rock =) thx
 
Doesn't work in Vista, only Windows 7.

Even then, Nvidia has changed their newer drivers to disable PhysX acceleration if it detects an ATI card.

So you would have to be running Windows 7 and either use old Drivers for your nvidia card or get one of the hacks for the newer drivers.
 
i dont think its possible to have both, at least not until the hydra motherboards come out
 
I'm aware of the patch to get it working :) just didn't know I couldn't use ati + nv setup with anything other then win 7, luckily I have win 7 installed too
 
i dont think its possible to have both, at least not until the hydra motherboards come out

you can use 2 diff cards in a system but for some reason vista didnt let you, XP you could, and all OS before, but prior as well, would cause problems, but these days you can do it.
 
Back
Top