• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Using ASUS AI to Overclock

HRPC

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Messages
81
AMD X2 3800
Corsair 3200 CL2 2-3-3-6 settings
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
BFG 7800 GT OC

So I am new to overclocking and having some trouble. I used Coolbits to get my card to where I want it to be BUT having no luck with OC my CPU\RAM.

When I increase the DRAM settings from 333 to 400mhz I get BSOD. The only thing that works is if I use ASUS AI OC at 10% which CPU-Z says I am running my chip at 2.2 and my RAM at 175...

I got modest performace increase and temps are below 60 but is this all I can do? Why does it appear my RAM will not accepts a 1:1 ratio..
 
First read this: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=795444
Follow the steps to test your RAM stability first then move on to the proc. In the Bios, set the DRAM settings to manual and the speed to 400 mhz. THis is not what speed your memory will run, but rather the divider (DRAM/FSB) with 400mhz=1:1. Set HTT multi to 4x. Now use jumperless settings to adjust FSB and multiplier. YOu should be able to just follow the guide I linked up top from this point. Don't use the Asus AI to try to OC, it sucks. If you want to do anything from inside windows then use ClockGen.
 
^^^^ Agreed
Read the guide, learn about your BIOS settings and how to use them. You'll get a better overclock.

For reference, here are my settings to get my 3800 to 2.5Ghz:
CPU Frequency: 250
CPU Multiplier: x10
CPU voltage 1.4 volts
Memclock Index Value 333Mhz.
Hyper Transport Frequency: 4x


 
D3v01D said:
^^^^ Agreed
Read the guide, learn about your BIOS settings and how to use them. You'll get a better overclock.

For reference, here are my settings to get my 3800 to 2.5Ghz:
CPU Frequency: 250
CPU Multiplier: x10
CPU voltage 1.4 volts
Memclock Index Value 333Mhz.
Hyper Transport Frequency: 4x


Werd that's what i'm running too. My memory is at 208MHz which is nothing.

If you want to run your Ram at stock follow this

For reference, here are my settings to get my 3800 to 2.4Ghz:
CPU Frequency: 240
CPU Multiplier: x10
CPU voltage 1.4 volts
Memclock Index Value 333Mhz.
Hyper Transport Frequency: 4x
 
Back
Top