Using another pc as a virtual monitor

Emission

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm curious to know if anyone here knows any good programs for this purpose. I used to have some but I lost them and I need some reccomendations to some good ones. Now just to clarify what im talking about, I mean using the monitor of another computer, as an extended monitor of an existing computer, over the network. I've seen them but I forgot where to look for them. Thanks for helping.

Can I get something that either works or is free? Because I tried installing and it said the trial period expired...rather cheap...Something that WORKS please. Thank you.

Well you could KVM that monitor with your 2 machines.

Or if you just want to control the 2 machines and have the 2 monitors behaving like one desktop, then you can use Synergy.

See the thing is, I have a Latitude D800 with a 1920x1200 res monitor, and the hardware on the machine itself is acting up, so I just want to use the monitor on it. I'll try synergy, thanks.

Emission said:
See the thing is, I have a Latitude D800 with a 1920x1200 res monitor, and the hardware on the machine itself is acting up, so I just want to use the monitor on it. I'll try synergy, thanks.
It's not an extended desktop though, mind you. Just you can use one mouse and one keyboard through the network.

Yeah, I dont need a software kvm, I need an extended desktop solution. Maxivista works but the trial is limited...guess theres not much else.

Back