Using a stereo headset with 360

Pilky

Gawd
I have these Koss SB45 headphones that i really like for the PC and was wondering if there was any way to use them with my XBOX 360?

yeah im wondering the same thing for my sennheizer headphones. I think they can work since the plug for the headset seems the same for my sennheizer's...

But i would like others feed back as well.

I think that you can with a bluetooth adapter? Just guessing but I thought someone told me that.

Find an inexpensive audio reciever with a headphone jack. I personally use the control pod that came with my Logitech Z-680, plugged into the 360 via optical cable. Just plug in your headset of choice and you're good to go.

so the xbox and the ps3 have no 3.5mm headphone jack? I have seen the xbox headset adapter and it seems to be a 3.5mm connector. So im guessing you can atleast use that to plug in headphones, right?

I would hate to have to buy a reciever just to use my headphones that have 3.5mm connector. Shit even the nintendo 64 had one i think...

It is simple: 360 engineers are duschebags.

They want you to only use their crappy headsets. Insane I know.

So...headphones with a 3.5mm connector wont work on a 360 but a 360 headset with same connector will?

o.0

The jack isn't on the console, it's on the controller. Several aftermarket 360 headsets use just a 3.5mm without the funky MS wings on the side. Plug your headphones into the controller and see what happens. Not sure if you'll get stereo output but the plug will fit.

The jack on the controller is not 3.5mm, it is 2.5mm. Its the same jack you find on your cellphones and home phones for their headsets. If you really dislike the standard Xbox headset you can get a cellphone headset. If you want to use a pair of headphones for game sound, movies or music you will need an audio adapter which accepts optical (toslink) in or analog (RCA) in and has a 3.5mm audio out jack for standard music headphones.

EDIT: If you want to have a regular PC headset with two 3.5mm (pink/green) jacks work on your Xbox you'll need an adapter like I stated above for the green jack and you'll need a 3.5mm-to-2.5mm adapter to plug the headset mic into the controller so you can talk through the mic. But I haven't used it like that before and I assume that you will have to set your mic output volume to "play through TV" in the settings which would make it really hard to hear over actual game sound.

It would just be easier to get an adapter which is made for headsets on the Xbox 360. Some options for those are the Tritton AX360 and the Astro A40 Mixamp.

that tritton ax360 look really fine im gonna look into that. thanks for the link.

Edit:- checked the reviews on the tritton ax360 seems to lack enough bass...

Cant find the astro a40 mixamp at newegg....

Anyother ideas?

I would imagine a quick trip to RadioShack would land you an adapter, to fit other headsets into the Xbox 360 controller.

Just an update. I bought the Astro A40's Mixamp and you can use any PC headset (3.5mm pink and green) with them. You can only buy Astro's products directly from their website, their shipping is fast and the retail boxes their stuff comes in are of really nice quality. If you have a stereo headset it will make it positional surround for games/movies, too. The Mixamp would work perfect for what you need, Pilky.

I use this.
Its for plugging 5.1 into stereo output, and I use it for my 5.1 speakers when using my pc monitor for my xbox.
You can plug headphones into it also, just use one of the jacks. You can't adjust volume but its at a good level and it works fine for me.

I bought it from that site but you can probably find it somewhere else since its showing not available.

EDIT: Its cheap, I payed acouple bucks for it

Back