using a proxy to connect to game servers

I dont think circumventing security measures is a valid discussion topic!

<nelson>

HAHA!!

</neslon>

Sorry, but if the admin doesn't want your there (have you tried explaining your case to them?) I'm not helping you.

Look at it this way, a server is like someone's home. Your asking us how to break in, when you specifically, have been told not to enter. :rolleyes:

Wether or not anyone is going to tell you, It will lag in most cases as: Instead of

you--------server

its

you------proxyserver that might have loaded/crappy connection--------server

LAG!

i don't mind if it lags, so could someone please help me? the admin doesn't want my brother on the server, not me. i will make sure my brother doesn't get on my computer anymore. also, i can't explain it to him because i can't get on the server, but i could do the explaining if i had a proxy.

Try posting in networking. How to do this is easily found on google as well. It took me less than 2 minutes.

onearmedscissor said:
i don't mind if it lags, so could someone please help me? the admin doesn't want my brother on the server, not me. i will make sure my brother doesn't get on my computer anymore. also, i can't explain it to him because i can't get on the server, but i could do the explaining if i had a proxy.
E-mail the admin. He doesn't want people from that IP, IE your machine, on his server. It doesn't matter if your brother did it, or you. If you can't get in via normal means what makes you think the admin won't find another way to keep you out?

Also, what makes you think he would let you stay after your BROKE IN? I know I sure the hell wouldn't.

BTW, you really don't want to hear the mouthfull the people in networking would give you. After all, some of them are admins to game servers, and would see this from a different POV.

Best bet, find a new server if e-mailling the admin doesn't work, move on.

That was why I told him to go there. Also asking for the link? I told you it took less than two minutes. It isn't so damn [H]ard. Are you oft or something? ;)

what is the point of posting a bunch of writing about how much time it took you to find what i'm looking for in a google search when you could have just posted the link to what you found in much less time?

also, i do not know the email of the admin.

To play via a proxy your game will need to support it, so look in your game manual/online for proxy connections, (most likely through SOCKS).

Your not going to be able to connect using a public proxy I assure you (can hardly surf the web like that let alone a game), so get one of your friends to set up a password protected public socks server (I think progs like winproxy can do this) and then setup your game to use his ip address as the socks server, which ever port the socks server is listening on. and finally any username/password all in the game.

The only game I can think of off the top of my head that supports playing through socks is quake3, but then again I dont play a wide variety of games through socks anymore.

I use to have to connect through a proxy for my net through my lan (no router, through PPOE dsl modem) I have serious doubts that you will be able to pull this off, put hey its possible.

/me hopes your not a stoopid script kiddie cheater llama.

Edit: Now after rereading my post, Im thinking hey, this guy is on a dynamic IP, so he probably isnt IP banned, so going through socks probably wont help him at all.

onearmedscissor said:
thanks for the help.

i'm on a dynamic ip? whenever i check it, it's the same...

Year just turn off the power for your modem for as little as a few minutes, or over night. It will change IP

And that is much easier than proxy server

some companies require your modem to be off line for atleast 48 hrs before you ip gets changed, i had to do that with mine a coupe of times, weird things started happening in my pc, you might want to call them up and ask how long it will take for your ip to change.

Here is a free proxy called jap http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/win/download.html. The site is in German I believe, but the program is in English. It's ok if you want a proxy, but it will slow your internet connection down by about 50% so get ready for that. It's real user friendly and pretty simple to figure out.

Back