• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

using a cheap power supply with a backup pc

Austin8868

Gawd
Joined
Jan 21, 2012
Messages
552
http://www.amazon.com/iMicro-IM400W...TF8&qid=1364701228&sr=8-1&keywords=imicro+psu

Im not even sure its working i have had it for awhile and never used it but if it is would it be fine to use it with a backup pc? Its running an e4300/asrock 1333-1394 and an older gpu. I might overclock it but not much. I have always heard horror stories about using a cheap knock off psu but figured it would be fine with a cheap built like this. What do you guys think?
 
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just lost a 500W Diablotek that was powering my WHS box. Replaced it with an Enermax that was on sale. What I'm saying is that it depends on what you are powering with that cheap PSU. If its for a PC that you won't miss when it craps out then fine. But consider a quality unit for something more critical.
 
After reading that review I bought an Antec 500 watt psu. It was pretty cheap and had good reviews. thanks guys
 
After reading that review I bought an Antec 500 watt psu. It was pretty cheap and had good reviews. thanks guys
Excellent! Even in backup comps, its always good to use quality PS's.

On a side note, who the hell would use a diablotek?! ROFL.
 
Just picked up a Corsair 430W for $30 after mail in rebate. Hope it was a good and reliable buy. I didn't want to settle for a piece of junk but didn't have a great budge either.

Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

Going to be running it with an MSI Radeon 7770.

It's a reliable buy, but not good in terms of value. The CX430 V2 has been as low as $17 after rebate, and quite often too (about once a month or so).
 
Back
Top