Using 2 Small Radiators?

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
I just can't get a dual 120mm radiator to work in my P182 case. I am trying to keep all parts internal so I was wondering if it's a bad idea to use 2 single 120MM radiators for my system rather than one dual 120mm radiator?

My system is not overclocked at all and will not be. I am simply just water cooling as a fun project.

Using:

E6600
eVGA 8800GTS

Those are the only 2 items in the heat loop...

What do you guys think? Placing a single radiator by the exhaust fan up top near CPU and then also placing a radiator near the mid front where the hard drive cage would be under the CDROM bay.

Let me know any info.

Thanks!

It's fine. A bit more pressure drop, but really nothing to worry about :)

Agreed. You might not get quite the same temps you would with a 2 X 120mm rad and of course you'll have more tubing involved, but temps shouldn't be too far off from each other. Make sure you feed both rads fresh air.

nice discussion of dual radiators here, the short of it is that two rads in series work great if they have low pressure drop like the thermochill PA series or some swiftech. If its a high pressure drop radiator, better to be in parallel :D

if you wye the 2 rad's you actually might do quite well. no real concern if youre not ocing but better to anticipate the future than waste money down the road

Back