User rights question

The-One

Gawd
I accidentally killed a svchost.exe that windows needs to run and my computer began the count down for a restart. So I went to Command Prompt and typed shutdown -a.

And I got this message, and I have Administrator privileges too.

Anyone know what privilege I messed up in windows that would do this ?

thanks

what privilege I messed up in windows that would do this ?

what do u mean for "what privilege"? u just shutdown one of the svchost.exe that was running, so no wonder u've got wierd messages

You're way off.

It still says it when I type it in in Command Prompt. (It's permanent and is different then normal)
It was not because I killed a svchost.exe service that I got the weird error message.
It has to be a privilege that I messed up by changing something under local computer Policy.

I'm just wondering if someone has had this problem before and if they have a solution for me?

don't take my somewhat detailed explination to be a shot at what you do or do not know. I'mm also assuming windows xp pro.

right-click my computer > manage > local users and groups > groups > open the administrators group

make sure your user account is there..

I have it working again.

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with me removing system from the C:\ drive
security tab.

don't take my somewhat detailed explination to be a shot at what you do or do not know. I'mm also assuming windows xp pro.

right-click my computer > manage > local users and groups > groups > open the administrators group

make sure your user account is there..

Yeah, way past there
But thanks

Back