User Accounts

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm trying to get back into folding and had a question about using FAH with user accounts.

Each computer in my office has 3-4 user accounts on each. If I install the FAH council, will FAH run when users log out? Or will the council close? Basically I was wondering if FAH will run on the same WU on different user accounts and also when no user is logged in.

You would need a user to be logged in, most likly your tieing it to a users startup to run, if they log-out, you lose the WU being worked on.

What OS?
You may be able to have it run as a service.....ie no log in requred

Windows XP if it helps.

That's a shame. Was hoping I'd be able to get all my office computers folding again. =(

XP you can install it as a service

Uniprocessor wont, but GPU console and SMP will install as service IIRC

Sould be able to using the cliassic client.

Are you sure of this? Or are you guessing?

I'd like to know for sure before I install it on all workstations then have it start dropping WUs every time someone logs out.

I can confirm 100% that the uniprocessor client will run as a service, since I have been doing that for years.

I can confirm 100% that the uniprocessor client will run as a service, since I have been doing that for years.

You are correct. I had forgotten that you could install FAH as a service. I did that today on all my office machines. Seems to be working flawlessly. We'll see how my work units reflect this.

Back