user account issues in windows xp

pcrouch13

Limp Gawd
so on my home machine, when you start it, it comes to the welcome screen and you have to click the user account you want to use ("home computer"). then it starts up and everything is fine. so i was trying to figure out how to make it start right up without going to the welcome screen just so it would start up quicker. so, i went to control panel, user accounts, change the way the users log on and off and simply enough there was a box that was checked that said go to welcome screen on start up. so i unchecked it.

side bar with important info: in the user accounts deal, there is an admin account called "admin" and then another admin account called "home computer" or something like that.

now when it starts up, it skips the welcome screen (good), but it loads the "admin" user account instead of the "home computer" one. now it doesn't sound that bad, but it jacks all the settings, my documents, the desktop etc. so i need to get it to load the "home computer" user account as the default or something, but i can't figure out how to do that. i'm still thinking easy fix so i just go back in under both accounts and check the box for use the welcome screen, but it still doens't go to the welcome screen on boot up. i can get to the "home comptuer" account, but i have to boot. it loads the "admin" account. then i have to logoff and then choose the "home comptuer account".

if I remember correctly you can do that by going to start > run then type in 'control userpasswords2' without quotes.There should be an option to choose which account automatically logs in.

i ran that and it pulled up a user accounts window, but i can't find where to change the auto login

on the users tab, i have a box for users must enter a password which is unchecked

then on the advanced tab, i have manage passwords and a password wizard and then advanced user management and secure logon which is unchecked

when i go into advanced user management, i get kinda a windows explorer looking deal with users and groups, when i click on a user i get its properties, but i don't see anywhere to change the default log in

i can disable the "admin" account...thoughts?

download tweakui and install it.
The open it go to the logon tab and expand it
There you will see a window for whatever user you want to auto-login

Back