Use mouse on desk surface

modat

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
155
wussup people. I recently purchased a new rig for my gaming and colllege needs. I was browsing on the forums today and i see that mostly everyone here uses a mousepad. I never really thought that it was necessary. Would using a mousepad be better performance wise then my birchwood desk? espically for gaming? i use a mx700 mouse btw. Thanx
 
Birchwood?I think there may be some problems with the red LED.
 
There's only a problem if you think there's one. If you can't seem to tell the difference, then just ignore it.

BTW, I use a trackball :p
 
It actually might help you. The desk will give you more freedom to rome around, whereas a mp limits you to a small area. I've used both and enjoy both.
 
I never used a mousepad until I noticed that I wore the finish off the top of my desk in that area. I bought a mousepad.
 
2_hotty said:
I never used a mousepad until I noticed that I wore the finish off the top of my desk in that area. I bought a mousepad.
...I'd worry more about this with a nice birch desk, than what the mouse did or didn't do. You may want to pick up a cheap pad to protect the desk.

Regards - B.B.S.
 
I never used a pad before and recently decided to get a funcsurface mp. Huge, huge, huge difference. Absolutely no friction. I however do not move the mouse much so area was not a concern for me, this pad is the size of a 8x11 piece of paper. I also got a new mouse at the same time which helps, my old mouse is not as smooth as this one. I do not regret spending 20 bucks for it now. Just my 2c.
 
if your into FPS games then i woulda advice a nice mousepad. i use an mx510 on a mousepad and it moves pretty smoothly which is a must have during firefights, if i was getting hitches from the mouse during these times id get mighty pissed. deaths caused by my mouse is not something i want to deal with
 
i use a Ratpadz gs..with a custom skin....best pad ive ever used.....i have a computer desk with a cherry finish..and at first i just used my mx1000 on it..but it started to wear off the finish..with the mx700 on a clear finish..you my experience some pointer issues
 
dreadster said:
I use Icemat black 2nd ed, a very good gaming surface! Has perfect gliding, lasts long, is solid and looks awsome. I like this thing very much.
huh..have'nt seen those befor..nice looking pad though...thats for sure..anyone making skins for them that you know of?
 
[Retaliation] said:
huh..have'nt seen those befor..nice looking pad though...thats for sure..anyone making skins for them that you know of?

No, I tried to make something like a sticker but i failed :(
 
Back
Top