Use good ol xp on new system! (help)

p-n-p

Limp Gawd
I had recently re-installed xp on my amd xp syatem a few months back and it made me re-register it, all went well. I was wondering what the proper way is to uninstall it on this system so I can do a fresh install on my new conroe system succesfully!

Assuming you don't have an OEM license, the best way is to back your data up, and then format the drives with something like GPart or Gdisk. Once you install XP on your new system, you may have to call Microsoft to activate it, which is a painless process. If they ask you why, you simply tell them you upgraded your computer, and you're only using it on one computer.

p-n-p said:
I had recently re-installed xp on my amd xp syatem a few months back and it made me re-register it, all went well. I was wondering what the proper way is to uninstall it on this system so I can do a fresh install on my new conroe system succesfully!

Just format the drive or delete the partition will completely get rid of the windows XP installation.

how can I identify oem licence ? A local computer store did put together my pc back in 2001 so its possibly oem.

Back