Been sorting a lot of my game osts and other stuff, and adding folder.jpg images because it's nice to see what's inside. It's a bit annoying, though, that it still shows the image *inside a folder icon*. Is there any way to get rid of the folder icon and just show the image?
Note that I've tried creating .ico files out of the images, but it's a real annoyance. The images have to be square, and I've (ironically) made many of them vertical rectangles because the folder icon hides the left part of the image otherwise. Worse, Windows 7 links to the location of the icon in specific, not relative, terms. So if I move the folder, instead of locking onto whatever .ico is inside the folder like it does the folder.jpg, it can't find the .ico at all x_x
Is there any global tweak/fix for this? Or software to do it? I'm taking a lot of time to make these nice, and it's annoying to see my work half-spoiled because Windows is too dumb to use a .jpg as a file icon.
*EDIT*
What I want is something more like this:
Note that I've tried creating .ico files out of the images, but it's a real annoyance. The images have to be square, and I've (ironically) made many of them vertical rectangles because the folder icon hides the left part of the image otherwise. Worse, Windows 7 links to the location of the icon in specific, not relative, terms. So if I move the folder, instead of locking onto whatever .ico is inside the folder like it does the folder.jpg, it can't find the .ico at all x_x
Is there any global tweak/fix for this? Or software to do it? I'm taking a lot of time to make these nice, and it's annoying to see my work half-spoiled because Windows is too dumb to use a .jpg as a file icon.
*EDIT*
What I want is something more like this:
Last edited: