USB Won't Even Work After Autopatcher

GeForceX

Supreme [H]ardness
Upon installing Windows XP (using nLite), downloaded SP2 separately, installed it and everything was beautiful. Software installed and hardware installed. I went to download more updates (Windows Update) but unfortunately for some reason my PC "failed" the validation process. This nLite version of Windows XP came from the original Windows XP which was installed on this same computer since 2003-ish. So there should be no reason for validation to go wrong. I was forced to activate but I didn't want to until I was 100% sure this PC would work without issues. So I downloaded Autopatcher to get many of the updates. Following a reboot, all USB ports suddenly stopped working. I am not even sure why. I went ahead to re-install USB drivers from the motherboard's CD but it said SP2 already had USB drivers on it. I figured I could get some drivers from Windows Update but I had to activate so I couldn't. I tried to uninstall the USB controllers and let Windows re-discover it by a reboot:

ResizeofUntitled0.jpg

ResizeofUntitled1.jpg

ResizeofUntitled2.jpg

ResizeofUntitled3.jpg

It doesn't find anything. I went to my Device Manager and saw apparent missing drivers (or something) on the yellow warning signs on USB controllers. None of them could find a driver or anything.

Untitled4.jpg

I went on a Googling spree to find anything of a "NEC PCI to USB Open Host Controller" driver. There was one but it didn't work.

There isn't really much for me to do now. I'm probably unfamiliar with this kind of thing. Can anyone help? :(

System Specifications:
Athlon XP 2400+
Asrock K7S41GX
Corsair Value Select 512 MB PC-3200
ATI All-In-Wonder 9600

-J.

Back