• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

USB UPS + OpenIndiana

Joined
May 22, 2006
Messages
3,270
Anyone have a USB UPS connected to an OpenIndiana host? My file server and ESXi hosts are connected to a CyberPower 1500VAR UPS. I've done some Googling and haven't found much and CyberPower only offers a Linux binary.

I'd like a simple daemon that will tell the file server to power down gracefully if there's a power failure. I tried compiling the tool at networkupstools.org but it fails.
 
I've had issues with usb support on OI, but recently folks seem to have had success, don't know more than that.
 
Totally useless since you already have a ups, but I have a liebert with an SNMP module, which has been a pretty trouble free solution - just a bit of scripting for whatever type of behaviour you desire, and nice plots/graphs from cacti.
 
Back
Top