USB to micro USB cables

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by peppergomez, Jun 12, 2018.

1. peppergomez

peppergomez Gawd

Never thought I'd be asking for buying advice on a product so basic. How hard can it be to make these things well?

I have gone through about 5 of these things in two years or so for my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I notice that with all of them, they become progressively looser on the micro USB side when connecting to the phone. And the longer USB cables I have bought, even when they do remain seated securely, have just stopped working.

I know it's the cables and not the phone b/c I have the same issue with my Lenovo tablet.

Any buying advice for USB>Micro USB cables that are well made and don't crap out?

2. Cylocybin

Cylocybin n00bie

i bought those magnetic adapters and never looked back.. less unplugging and plugging less wear

3. Cylocybin

Cylocybin n00bie

4. SticKx911

SticKx911 [H]ard|Gawd

Silverstone makes a reversible a to reversible b. They're not the longest lasting cables I've ever owned, but I can safely say they don't loose their click. I abuse cables in general so the wear and tear I see as normal so I just replace them every 6 months or so.

5. TechLarry

TechLarry Pick your own.....you deserve it.

I used to go through cheap lightning cables like crazy. Until I stopped buying cheap lighting cables :)

DanNeely likes this.
  6. Tiberian

Tiberian DILLIGAFuck

pendragon1 likes this.
  7. peppergomez

peppergomez Gawd