• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

USB to mic/stereo adapter

DirtyB

Gawd
Joined
Jun 30, 2007
Messages
830
I have a quick noob question. My mobo only has 3 audio jacks in the back of it, and my headset requires 1 for the mic 1 for the stereo and my speakers require 3. So when I want to use one or the other I have to pull my computer out and replug whicever component I want to use, which is really annoying.

Is this the best way to bypass this?
http://www.amazon.com/Syba-SD-CM-UA...6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1271628158&sr=8-6

I'm looking for something that allows me to have both my speakers and my headset plugged in at the same time so I can switch from using one to the other easily.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What that is is basically a soundcard, or DAC to be more specific. That will work, yes, but don't expect the quality to be that great. OTOH, its perfectly suitable for gaming headsets. The Windows 7/Vista "Sound" control panel makes switching between soundcards easy.
 
thanks for the reply,

btw I'm running windows xp and usig realtek HD audio manager

do I have any other inexpensive options or would this be my best bet?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top