USB to db25 serial

theway109

n00b
Does anyone know where I can get a USB to DB-25 serial adapter. I need this to hook up a hardware key for Quark v4.1.

Any PC store that has a buttload of adaptors - i have seen em for PDA's/cellphones n stuff....

edit:

USB -> Serial?

or

Serial -> USB

All i have seen is Serial -> USB

USB to DB9 serial adapters are available at most computer stores and Radio Shack. DB9 to DB25 adapters are a bit harder to find; call the store first. It's not very common to see a straight USB to DB25 serial adapter.

I ebayed for a USB to parallel adapter -- worked fine for my old scanner. I've got the adapter (belkin) sitting in a box now, new printer is USB and I can't remember the last time I scanned something.

DB25 serial is not the same as DB25 parallel. They are fundamentally different but share the same physical connector.

Originally posted by xonik
DB25 serial is not the same as DB25 parallel. They are fundamentally different but share the same physical connector.

Ah, I only knew it from the linked pictures -- which appeared to be parallel. I was wondering why everyone wanted to sound smart and call it db25 :D

I'm hunting for an adapter too, to use a high speed linear sensor camera. We're looking at the pinouts and are trying to figure out if a USB to RS422 adapter would work (RS422 is one of those serial ports that looks like a parallel port, popular in older scientific devices. ugh).

Back