USB stops when connecting to network.....

JadeMonkeyStang

Limp Gawd
I just finished my new build (specs are in my sig) and whenever I attempt to connect to my wireless network all of my USB devices (including my keyboard and mouse) freeze. I then have to restart the computer and everything is fine, until of course I attempt to connect to the network again. :rolleyes:

I've tried 2 different keyboards and 2 different mice (all USB) with the same results. I have also tried different USB ports, both front and back. I am at a loss.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be or a potential fix. Any suggestions or ideas are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Jade

I dug out an old PS/2 keyboard and that freezes as well when I try to connect to the wireless network. At least with the PS/2 keyboard I can get into the motherboard bios; can't do that with the USB keyboard. The USB mouse will start working right away but the keyboard doesn't power up until I'm actually in XP.

It also takes Vista over a minute to shutdown. It boots up fairly quickly but the shutdown seems to take forever. This is my first time playing with Vista. Is this normal?

-Jade

I got the problem resolved. Managed to get the computer hooked up via ethernet and there were new drivers for the DWA-552 available via Windows Update. Installed those and everything works great now. Just wish they had been available on D-Link's site.

-Jade

Back