• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

USB Stick into Parallel Port! Haha!

Spare-Flair

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 4, 2003
Messages
7,471
500x_chain-usb1.jpg


Saw this on another forum.











500x_chain-usb2.jpg
 
Does that... seriously function? That's awesome. I want to go do it now, only I don't think I have any machines with parallel ports left. Damn.
 
The funny thing is he obviously still has free USB ports (to the left of Ethernet) :p
 
I'm not sure if it is really working. How does the Parallel port supply power?
 
I'm not sure if it is really working. How does the Parallel port supply power?

I think both parallel and serial had pins for power. I know serial did at least. That said, if that's the only problem you could still connect a powered hub to it.
 
The only thing I don't get is, how does the computer know how to handle that? I thought LPT was strictly for printers, and not just general data transmission, or does it still somehow pickup as a storage device?
 
Oh geez this is a riot! Genius! I can see this guy sitting around at his desk with a lot of bullshit adaptor laying around and he started pluggin one into the other and before he knew it VIOLA! he had Usb-->Parallel Nice!
 
I thought LPT was strictly for printers, and not just general data transmission, or does it still somehow pickup as a storage device?

lpt was used for just about everything that USB is now.. i Had a parallel Jazz drive once upon a time ago.. But also printers, scanners & whatever else existed back then..
 
Back
Top