USB Sony Memory Stick Reader

antoniohawk

Limp Gawd
I've searched all over, but can't find one with the cable built in. Anyone know of a place that I can find this for relatively inexpensive?

refer to your sig...

;D

http://www.officemax.com/max/soluti...xpansionOID=-536879947&prodBlockOID=537226140

I know at fry's there's like $10 or less adapters, but for the life of me i can't find it on their site... i suck at searching.. either that or Fry's site sucks...

I think it's probably the latter, unfortunately... you can check them out at outpost.com

Edit: I realize in your post you were looking one with a 'built in cable'... and after thinking about it... did you mean an actual CABLE or just the USB adapter? Cause you can find the USB plug in type just about anywhere... Clarification?

yeah, i thought it might have the cookie problem, i copy/pasted it and it worked (obviously) so i didn't really bother checking on a different browser :p

Ah, i see now... That probably will be difficult to find, all the readers i've seen are direct plug in (the plug is part of the plastic bit)... If you're going to go ahead and do the mod in that article, you could de-solder the connector and then add wires into the blank holes left over...

I'll bump this for you, in case someone else can provide more useful feedback to you....

Another thing you might consider is to put up a WTB ad in the FS/FT section of the [H]

I was noticing that fact also, when I was searching for it on the internet. I'll head over to the FS/FT section, like you mentioned, and see what I can get.

WalMart carries the Lexar JumpDrive Trio which basically is a USB thumbdrive with no onboard memory. You stick in a Sony Memory Stick, SD Card, and one more I cannot remember. It also comes with a 2 to 3 foot USB cable adaptor also. So you can plug it into a USB port like a thumbdrive or use the USB cable adaptor and use it like a desktop memory card reader. Great product.

Newegg also has them in stock. Click here for the link.

Back