Recently, I just put together my new computer consisting of

Intel E6750
Tuniq Tower
Crucial Ballistix 2x1GB 800
Abit IP35
EVGA 8800gt 256mb
XClio 500w
Windows Vista 32bit System Builders

Anyways.. everything in my system has been going fine so far. Worked pretty much perfectly when I booted it up for the first time (aside from the double boot on this MB). But I went to try and install drivers for my USB Network Adapter, and then plugged it in... nothing. No devices automatically found, which made me believe I had something wired wrong. Checked that, but seems to be right (I can take pictures to show, if need be).

As of right now im boggled, so if anyone knows what I can do to troubleshoot this problem please let me know.

Thanks

All of them... but then, I did just search around and found that I dont have any USB listings in my Device Manager, which could be a problem.

Mind you im not connected to the internet...

Which leads me to believe that I might possibly just have to update the computer a bit to get the USB drivers I need..

Would this be correct?

nice system, get on the net, and check for updated drivers.

The motherboard chipset drivers though should have done the trick.

Try checking your BIOS, maybe for some reason, the USB ports are disabled. (like if you bought the board used, someone may have disabled them to try for some ultra high OC, etc.?)

Situation Resolved.

Looked around for awhile on here trying to troubleshoot the problem on my own, and actually ended up finding out what was the problem (actually for two problems I was having).

So I eventually just hooked my computer directly to the router to get some updates done. First I did all the main windows updates, nothing. Driver updates for my components, nothing. Then I found out I could update my BIOS, which I completely forgot about. Turns out when I did this (which is Version 14, to anyone else who doesnt know!) It repaired the double boot problem that is common with this MB, and my USB's came to life finally.

Probably shouldnt have jumped the gun till I did some updating ;). But anyways thank you guys for being helpful regardless!

OO btw.. Version 14 BIOS update is for Abit IP35

Back