USB Ports not working.

Ok, so this is really ticking me off...

There is a serious problem with my usb ports. They stop working after a while. I've tried everything: Reinstalling the drivers, turning off power saving mode, but nothing is working.

I started noticing it after my usb game controllers would stop working during or after use while they were still plugged in. I wo uld then try transferring data via usb sticks or connecting my phone and they were definitely not working at all. My mouse and keyboard work consistently but there are those rare times where they do not power on during boot up and I have to switch them over to other usb ports for them to get working again. I recently started using a usb hub that is plugged in to the back usb ports, which have fewer problems, but even that has started having the same problems.

My specs are in the sig and hopefully someone knows what to do.

Here are the USB port specs for your motherboard:

ASMedia® USB 3.0 controller :
2 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (2 at mid-board)
ASMedia® USB 3.0 controller :
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue)
AMD SB950 controller :
12 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (8 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)

In short ASMedia sucks....

The only driver I have found that works consistently for ASMedia USB 3.0 is the latest version I could find, which is:

Any previous version and they will either not work at all or maybe work part of the time and then lose connection and not work until a shut down and power back on.

Also, do you have the latest bios for your motherboard?

Yes, my bios is updated. I can't seem to find that driver, is it even compatible with my board?

Yep, should work just fine. ASMedia really only has one USB 3.0 controller. I double checked on their website.

Here is a link to download the package that includes 1.16.28.0 - I uploaded it
Mega File Upload - asmedia_usb3_asm104x_1.16.26.1_1.16.28.1.rar

And I found an even newer one - 1.16.32.1 - I uploaded this as well since it was on a Russian site and it took me a bit to find the download link since I don't speak/read Russian.
Mega File Upload - USB_AsMedia_1.16.32.1.7z

yw. The only bad thing I have noticed about .28 is that it sees all external hdds as ssds.

Back