USB poll rate in Vista

ScYcS

2[H]4U
Hey guys,

in WinXP, it was easy to change the default 125MHZ polling rate for your USB devices with a simple patch or 3rd party program.

This doesn't work anymore in Vista. Most high performance mice (and some low cost mice as well) work much smoother with a higher USB polling rate (500-1000MHZ).

Does anyone know how to change the (again default) 125MHZ rate to something higher, e.g. 500MHZ?

I hope someone figures out how to do it in Vista, games just aren't the same with a low 125 poll rate....in XP I run my MX300 at 500 and it works so much more accurately.

Well, replacing the usbport.sys file with the patched XP one is NOT a good way of doing this, unless you would like to test out the repair functionality of the Windows Vista DVD. :D (Which works amazingly well i must say :D )

We need a new fix :)

It's funny that one of the hardware updates windows update shows me in Vista is for my cheap USB Labtec mouse with the HABU driver, which i think changes the polling rate.

Maybe I should install it. :D

Well, replacing the usbport.sys file with the patched XP one is NOT a good way of doing this, unless you would like to test out the repair functionality of the Windows Vista DVD. :D (Which works amazingly well i must say :D )

We need a new fix :)

I assume you tried that? :)

I actually looked into doing that, but decided against it, seeing that the XP usbport.sys file size was 140k and the Vista one was 219k :p

Back