• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

USB over Cat6 questions??

I recently bought one hoping I could put my drive dock in my office so I don't have to go in the basement to do backup rotations. Sadly they don't seem to be able to deliver close to USB's capable bandwidth. The backup job ran for a week when it normally takes about half a day. I guess they may vary, I don't know. For low bandwidth applications, it may work ok.
 
I have experience with several different variants of them.. Simply put. You get what you pay for... If you want good reliable usage & through put then you ned to invest in a good set which would run between 100 & 700 dollars. The best I ahve used were These Extron ones & they were about 300ish each for both the transmitter & the receiver..
 
lol looks like one of my PC's will stay on the desk... all the others its just gonna be keyboard and mouse over the USB
 
lol looks like one of my PC's will stay on the desk... all the others its just gonna be keyboard and mouse over the USB

hmm.. Are the keyboard & mouses going to be on the desk too? May want to consider remote desktop (or better yet VNC) if thats the case.
 
i was gonna rack mount my computers and just have monitor keyboard and mouse on the desk... plus probably a USB hub to connect flash drivers for small files i bring to work and stuff

but if performance is bad then gaming over one of these usb things is gonna be bad as well i assume

the closet where im mounting it is like 10-15 feet away... but with the way i would want to route the cables and keep it all neat i would need at least 20-25ft which is past the USB length
 
Back
Top