USB Options on Heaphone/Mic(s)

legendz411

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 3, 2006
Messages
3,534
I was browsing through newEgg looking for a headphone/mic combo that will run off of USB. When I was browsing, I say the usual names but alot of mixed reviews. There is one Logitech-around the neck-style heaphone that I wanted to get, but I can't tell if it is full USB or USB audio/ ANalog Mic.


This is important because my front audio/mic don't work and it is a full fledged biatch to ghave to plug and unplug from the back every time I want to switch.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out and deciding on wether or not this pair is full USB and then if it would be a good buy. Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm not an audiophile
I'm not vain
I AM cheap. No $1300 Sess for me ;)


link
 
The headset you are looking at is an anolog one that come with an analog-USB adapter. Go to the following link at Logitech and click "Alternate Views" just under the pic of the headset to see the adapter.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=103,CONTENTID=12236#Specifications

If you want a USB only headset, The Logitech Premium 350, 250 and Plantronics Gamecompro are all USB.

(Obligatory don't buy a headset part) You could probably grab a descent pair of Senns or A500s and a Zalman clip on mic for not much more than what you are looking at now.
 
Thanks, I hadn't thought to try that to get a view.

I don't want to get a separate mic and a pair of headphones. I wanted to get a headset with mic.


I will probably just drop for the logitech there. All the Logitech Premiums and the Plantronics kinda have some reviews that make me wary. I like how the logitech ones I found look too so !


I suppose the analog --> USB is fine, I just weanted to make sure the mic ran thro USB along with audio
 
Back
Top