VenomousFiligree
n00b
- Joined
- Oct 3, 2016
- Messages
- 1
Saying Hi, with a first post on USB monitors.
I'm shortly taking ownership of a Scan 3XS LG15 Carbon G-Sync (Clevo P751DM2-G). I want to add two Asus 15" USB monitors. Whilst the primary reason isn't for gaming, it would be good if they could also fulfil that function.
There are two monitors I'm looking at the Asus MB169B+ and MB169C+
The MB169B+ is easily doable but would only be a USB 3.0 connection. However both screens could be easily connected.
The MB169C+ offers a "DisplayPort over USB-C" connection. From research it doesn't appear to work on a standard USB-C, but requires a Thunderport 3 USB-C connection, however the Scan 3XS LG15 Carbon G-Sync only has one of these.
I can't seem to find any Thunderport 3 hubs, so it's looking like having two MB169C+ is going to prove problematic.
However I do notice that the Scan 3XS LG15 Carbon G-Sync has two DisplayPort connections. So my question is:
Would a DisplayPort to USB-C cable work for two MB169C+s?
And as I write I'm thinking not, as the USB-C also provides power, whereas I doubt if the DisplayPOrt does...?
I'm shortly taking ownership of a Scan 3XS LG15 Carbon G-Sync (Clevo P751DM2-G). I want to add two Asus 15" USB monitors. Whilst the primary reason isn't for gaming, it would be good if they could also fulfil that function.
There are two monitors I'm looking at the Asus MB169B+ and MB169C+
The MB169B+ is easily doable but would only be a USB 3.0 connection. However both screens could be easily connected.
The MB169C+ offers a "DisplayPort over USB-C" connection. From research it doesn't appear to work on a standard USB-C, but requires a Thunderport 3 USB-C connection, however the Scan 3XS LG15 Carbon G-Sync only has one of these.
I can't seem to find any Thunderport 3 hubs, so it's looking like having two MB169C+ is going to prove problematic.
However I do notice that the Scan 3XS LG15 Carbon G-Sync has two DisplayPort connections. So my question is:
Would a DisplayPort to USB-C cable work for two MB169C+s?
And as I write I'm thinking not, as the USB-C also provides power, whereas I doubt if the DisplayPOrt does...?