Hey guys!
I recently purchased a set of Razer Megalodons.
My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate X64. My motherboard is an Asus P8P67M-PRO REV3.0.
The problem Im having is that the Razer Megalodons generate a lot of USB conflicts I think. When I first connected them they did not play sound at all. Windows would tell me there was an error when I tried to listen to a song or watch a movie. The headset was successfully recognized and installed by Windows and it showed up in the control panel (but I couldnt even play a test sound because an error would occur).
I then figured out that if I took all the USB devices off my motherboard (which arent that many just a mouse, printer, and a USB Hub. My keyboard is PS/2) and connected the Razer Megalodons alone they would work fine. But as soon as I started connecting more devices, Id reach a point that one more device would cause the headset to stop working completely.
Now Im trying to fix this and I dont know how. I just did a fresh install of Windows after formatting my hard-drive. Every driver is installed and up to date. I have the latest BIOS for my motherboard and all the Windows 7 updates.
What can I do? This isnt working as it should. The headset works just fine on my laptop (Sony Vaio CYB1S1E, Windows 7 x86).
I know there are more with same or similar problems, I've seen the "disable C3 and C6" solution being thrown around with mixed outcomes. Also trying to increase the DRAM voltage...
The rest of my system specs are:
-Intel 2500K 3.3Ghz
-ASUS GTX560 TI DIRECTU II 1GB DDR5 PCI-E
-GSkill 4GB DDR3 2133MHZ Ripjaw X (CL9)
-Corsair HX-650W
I recently purchased a set of Razer Megalodons.
My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate X64. My motherboard is an Asus P8P67M-PRO REV3.0.
The problem Im having is that the Razer Megalodons generate a lot of USB conflicts I think. When I first connected them they did not play sound at all. Windows would tell me there was an error when I tried to listen to a song or watch a movie. The headset was successfully recognized and installed by Windows and it showed up in the control panel (but I couldnt even play a test sound because an error would occur).
I then figured out that if I took all the USB devices off my motherboard (which arent that many just a mouse, printer, and a USB Hub. My keyboard is PS/2) and connected the Razer Megalodons alone they would work fine. But as soon as I started connecting more devices, Id reach a point that one more device would cause the headset to stop working completely.
Now Im trying to fix this and I dont know how. I just did a fresh install of Windows after formatting my hard-drive. Every driver is installed and up to date. I have the latest BIOS for my motherboard and all the Windows 7 updates.
What can I do? This isnt working as it should. The headset works just fine on my laptop (Sony Vaio CYB1S1E, Windows 7 x86).
I know there are more with same or similar problems, I've seen the "disable C3 and C6" solution being thrown around with mixed outcomes. Also trying to increase the DRAM voltage...
The rest of my system specs are:
-Intel 2500K 3.3Ghz
-ASUS GTX560 TI DIRECTU II 1GB DDR5 PCI-E
-GSkill 4GB DDR3 2133MHZ Ripjaw X (CL9)
-Corsair HX-650W