USB Issues on DFI Lanparty UT NF4 DR-SLI

Desdichado

Limp Gawd
I just picked up a DFI Lanparty UT NF4 DR-SLI Expert and an Opty 165 to replace my aging 754 system. I'm having two issues with the usb on the board.

First, I can't get the usb headers to work. No matter what I plug in, nothing is recognized. Is there some bios setting I'm missing, or did they use a non-standard pinout?

Second, I can't get the computer to recognize my usb keyboard during post, which means any time I want to get into the bios, I have to go dig out a ps/2 keyboard. I've tried with both the "usb keyboard" option enabled and disabled, and it had no effect.

Any help?

Check the BIOS to make sure your USB ports are enabled. If I remember correctly, the setting should be in the Integrated Peripherals menu item.

One other setting to check is the USBPWR jumper on the motherboard. Make sure there is a jumper on the pins. I've seen a few cases where there was no jumper and the USB ports would not function.

Check the BIOS to make sure your USB ports are enabled. If I remember correctly, the setting should be in the Integrated Peripherals menu item.

One other setting to check is the USBPWR jumper on the motherboard. Make sure there is a jumper on the pins. I've seen a few cases where there was no jumper and the USB ports would not function.

Once I get into windows, the usb works fine (except for the front ports). I have it set to 1.1+2.0 in the bios. I'll def check the jumper for the headers though... that's a good call.

You were right ace... there was no jumper on there. But when I put the jumper on to set it to 5V and plug in the header for the front usb ports, it won't boot into windows unless I unplug and then replug a usb device attached to the system. If I either don't have the jumper on or don't have the headers plugged in, everything works fine... ?!?

Back