USB issue with Win10 Anniversary Update: what does this mean?

c3k

2[H]4U
Folks,

I'm running a Gigabyte z170-UD5 http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5480#ov

Check my sig...

I've had a few odd issues with it which I can't pin down. I've run Memtest86+ for 72+ plus hours...no errors. I've run Furmark's torture test for hours...no issues. I've run the intel burntest on it's nastiest settings for hours...no errors. (The i7-6500k gets to 65C and then stabilizes. The Corsair AIO temp slowly increases, but keeps the cpu from getting too hot (as does throttling, no doubt).

I've still got occasional game crashes (rare, and only on a few specific games). I also have had one instance where the mobo seemed totally dead. I pulled everything out and it came back to life... (no shorts, no error codes).

So, something's up, and now I have the USB issue shown. (This popped up a few hours after updating my Win10 via the anniversary update.)

usb 01.JPG

usb 02.JPG

Anyone know what it means?

The only devices I have hooked up to the usb are my corsair AIO, my keyboard and my mouse.

Should I just try for a new mobo?

Thanks,

Ken

UPDATE

So...did the tried and true USB reset. Power down OS, turn off PSU, unplug PSU, go do some errands. Return about an hour later and turn it back on. The USB device is now known. (It was the Corsair H110iGT.)

I'm still wondering about the mobo's instability... Grrr.

Ken

I was going to point exactly at the Corsair USB dongle, as I already saw that issue with the Win10 Anniversary update, glad you fix it. but normally with unistall the corsair link software and re-install the newest version (if you haven't installed do it, I like it) fix it..

On the other hand the OS itself is full of instabilities, I faced more or less those kind of issues with some games that even at stock settings were crashing, however it was solved yesterday with an "accumulative Win10 Anniversary update" from the own windows update.... and still sometimes it have some bugs when restoring from sleep the GPU stay at Full clocks so I have to restart..

Reactions: c3k
like this
After reading a bit more on this coincidentally saw report of people claiming that Xbox Game DVR feature was enabled by default causing performance and lot of considerable issues in games and disabling it help to solve 90% of the issues.. it may worth to check that..

I was going to point exactly at the Corsair USB dongle, as I already saw that issue with the Win10 Anniversary update, glad you fix it. but normally with unistall the corsair link software and re-install the newest version (if you haven't installed do it, I like it) fix it..

On the other hand the OS itself is full of instabilities, I faced more or less those kind of issues with some games that even at stock settings were crashing, however it was solved yesterday with an "accumulative Win10 Anniversary update" from the own windows update.... and still sometimes it have some bugs when restoring from sleep the GPU stay at Full clocks so I have to restart..

Thanks. Reinstalling the Link software was the next step. I already have the latest edition. I have Link running on that machine and NZXT's CAM on another. They each have something the other lacks, IMO.

Ken

Back