- Joined
- Jul 11, 2001
- Messages
- 12,830
I got a new case with capacity for additional hard drives vs. my old case but Im out of IDE ports. I have about 4 extra IDE drives that Id love to throw in there since they are basically just laying around.
Could I pick up a few of something like these and use them for internal drives?: http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-To-IDE-...4QQihZ018QQcategoryZ41994QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Im not sure how much slower the drives would be via the USB adapters but I really only need the drives to be fast enough to stream stuff like music and video files from. Im mainly concerned about stuff like stability, if the adapters will likely support large IDE drives or not, etc.
Does this seem do-able or is this a bad idea?
Could I pick up a few of something like these and use them for internal drives?: http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-2-0-To-IDE-...4QQihZ018QQcategoryZ41994QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Im not sure how much slower the drives would be via the USB adapters but I really only need the drives to be fast enough to stream stuff like music and video files from. Im mainly concerned about stuff like stability, if the adapters will likely support large IDE drives or not, etc.
Does this seem do-able or is this a bad idea?
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
