• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

USB Hub & HDD disconnect continuously?

Pee wee

n00b
Joined
Jul 28, 2020
Messages
1
Hi friends!

I hope you are all well...

Pls, I have a computer with two 3.0 cables (3 m. long) and a "USB 3.0 Hub" powered by 5V (volts) and 3A (amps). The problem is that when I plug in the HUB and connect a USB hard drive to it, it starts to connect and disconnect continuously. A headache. I tried connecting a simple pendrive and it works fine, but of course, a pendrive uses a very small amount of power.

Could the cable be a problem ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
 
Honestly, it sounds like the USB hub isn't actually using the power from the adapter and is instead relying on bus power. Is it possible the power brick is simply bad, and unknown to you the whole hub has simply been bus powered up until this point?
 
Back
Top