USB Headset won't auto detect

pc1x1

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 1, 2008
Messages
1,165
Hi, I have a USB Headset, and for whatever reason sometimes when I plug in the headset, it works and is detected, and the computer automatically switches to it. Other times it doesn't automatically do it. I have to go into the settings for it to switch. Seems to be a driver issue, but not sure why its always reverting back to speakers, especially since none are attached. If I manually set them it works perfect.

Realtek onboard drivers. I have the same usb headset on my pc, which is in sig and its fine, this is in another one. Seems like a generic problem, if need be, Ill update my post with Mobos, chipsets etc on the specific computer.
 
I have never seen either my EMU 0404 USB or USB headset auto switch even though I know thye are supposed to. I just do it manually instead by going into control panel/sounds.
 
Back
Top