USB Headset vs Sound Card

RoffleCopter

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 8, 2005
Messages
1,910
Hey everyone,

I am looking to get a new pair of headsets mainly for gaming and a lot of music. My current AC97 (or whatever integratd audio comes with intel mobos) is really lacking in both departments. Would a USB headset give a noticable (better) performance compared to regular headphones and integrated sound? Or would the only way to get better sound be to get a sound card. If i go the sound card route, I'd have to wait a while as im strapped for cash (damn college), as I'd be going for an X-Fi or something, but it IS an inevitable upgrade. Can anyone recommend me a temporary solution that would suffice for a few months, but be of high(er) quality?
 
I would go with a sound card upgrade. I've never owned usb headphones but they just seem like a gimic to me probably won't get enhanced sound quality. Get a Audigy 2 zs there super cheap just stay away from the value edition.
 
basically those USB headsets with tiny soundcard is really just a small usb dac. I hear stealsound is good for games although i dunno how they pull it off without the use of proprietary EAX 4.0+ from creative. As for music dunno.
 
Back
Top