• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

USB headset for Skype

Scaa

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 8, 2002
Messages
208
I need a USB headset for Skype, I will go with corded, but would also consider cordless, but I assume it's more expensive, I am just looking for suggestions.
 
Why a USB headset? it works fine with my 3.5mm Plantronics 90 headset..
 
Well, I do not know really, does a 3.5mm replace the speakers? Am I going to have to unhook my speakers, and then rehook them everytime? I don't want to have to do that, also I have USB ports in the front, and not speaker jacks.

Those were the main two reasons...
 
The main reason I can think of is to be able to route skype to the headset and everything else to speakers.
 
Logitech Premium Headset 350 looks pretty nice.
SENNHEISER PC165 Headset sennheiser makes great products
SENNHEISER PC 135 a bit cheaper in price - good reviews on newegg
PLANTRONICS GAMECOMPRO1

I just skimmed off the top at newegg. I havn't used any of these headsets but just to give you an idea what is out there. Do a search on newegg and see if there is anything you like.

My mother uses a non-usb headset she picked up at Staples and it works well enough for her but she does have a jack on the front of her PC. You could consider getting the Computer Headphone Speaker Switch from Radio Shack and just finding an inexpensive headset.

Personally I just use my headphones and a desktop microphone for Skype and it works fine for me. I'd just buy from a store with a good return policy. If your just using it for Skype there are tons out there that will work just fine since sound quality really isn't a huge issue for most people (most are still an upgrade from a regular telephone in my experience, even that cheap one my mother is using).
 
Thanks for the links, I am just trying to learn about this and what people think of thier headsets. I was looking at the logitech 250 but I guess egg reviews would be the best place to look.
 
Back
Top