USB Graphical Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD)

Ziptar

Limp Gawd
Is there a USB Graphical VFD out there that's 128X64 ?? or a USB Backpack that could be used with a Paralell Noritake GU128X64-800A VFD??

the 800a has no USB adapter for parallel, if you buy an 800a from noritake you can get it with serial tho... but be prepared, they are mega $$$

i think maybe mo or somone has a graphical serial/usb vfd

search around, there arnt that many vendors

Originally posted by SarverSystems
Wanna sell it, since FLECOM is being stubborn and won't sell one of his?

rofl

All the cool software makes use of that blazing parallel speed though.

Even if you could get the USB deal working, what program would you then run to do stuff with the display?

Also: gratuitous 800A shots (for those wondering what the hell we're talking about):
pict0497.jpg

pict0498.jpg

pict0499.jpg

pict0500.jpg

picture that flying by at 66 frames/second. USB couldn't do it. Parallel can.
:D

how do you get that to work? ive been going crazy trying to get the modelengine to work :mad:

bastards :p

nevermind, i just tried it again and of course it worked :rolleyes:

Originally posted by linear
Well, that's what I was gonna recommend you do... :p

well to completely hijack this thread...

have you noticed the 0.9.4 the spectrum analyser and oscilloscope dont update faster than 50ms? like if you set the update to 5ms you see the modelengine fly by... but the scope and spectrum still update slow :(

im sure its my fault, but i posted a thread over in the liquidmp3 forums alpha section anyway

Hmmm, didn't notice that. I'm pretty much dedicating mine to modelengine, with a BGMicro next to it to handle the title and other track info display.

Originally posted by Ziptar
or a USB Backpack that could be used with a Paralell Noritake GU128X64-800A VFD??
There isn't one that you could just buy or at least I'm not aware of that. I could make one for GU128X64-800 but you most likely wouldn't want it anymore if I tell you the price as I don't just have one here but rather it would be a custom job. Also something to keep in mind is that you still need external power for the VFD as USB can't supply enough current.

Originally posted by linear

picture that flying by at 66 frames/second. USB couldn't do it. Parallel can.
:D
Well, not exactly true. USB is much faster than parallel. In some of my tests sometime last spring I was able to get about 30fps from 240x128 pixel T6963C display using parallel port. With my USB backpack I was limited at about 60fps (>300KB/s data with 240x128 screen) because of the microcontroller. Of course the T6963C had serious artefacts at this speed but as the display was refreshed that fast you couldn't mostly see them. ;)

Back