USB Floppy Drive Enclosure?

ptech

Limp Gawd
Anyone know where I can get a floppy drive enclosure with USB interface (to pretty much make an internal floppy drive an external one). I'm looking for one similar to the functionality of those hard drive or 2.25" enclosures. I made the move to SFF and decided I won't be using floppy in the rig, but thought I might make an external one out of it instead. If not, then USB floppy drives are only $20 anyways, so no biggie.

I've never seen anything. Besides, as you allude to below, given the price point for USB floppy drives compared to most hard drive enclosures, if you even could find something, it wouldn't be cost effective. I guess if you really think your drive is great, you could buy a USB floppy drive, tear it apart, take out the built-in drive and replace it with yours. Would be rather silly, though.

You won't find it, sorry. The enclosure would probably cost as much as a new usb floppy.

You can probably find an external drive with a floppy and milti-card reader for slightly more than the price of an external enclosure...

Back